With growing concern about COVID-19, I wanted to share additional steps we have taken to 1) keep our clients safe and 2) prevent the spread of illness. Our number one priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our patients, staff and community. Our goal is to minimize contact.
Our Cleaning Measures:
- We are ramping up our cleaning procedures.
- In between each appointment, the exam rooms are cleaned with a Veterinarian Antimicrobial Virucidal cleaning solution.
- As always, hand sanitizer is supplied in each exam room.
For your Pet Visit:
- Our plan going forward we will remain open our same business hours, Monday through Friday 7:30am-7pm and Saturday 7:30am-3:30pm. We will remain seeing appointments. However, to keep our patients and clients safe, you will see some changes.
- If we have your email address, all forms will be emailed prior to your appointment. These can then be emailed or faxed back.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call the clinic and let us know you are here. A staff member will alert you as to when a room is ready. This includes grooming, surgeries and appointments.
- We will attempt to keep all transactions in the exam rooms, to decrease contact with others in our waiting area. This will be in the form of emailing paperwork and closing your transactions in the exam room.
- Our goal is to limit the passing of any germs and limit contact as much as possible.
- It is essential that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days or to an area in the United States with a high incidence of COVID-19 call from the car to discuss the situation.
New Policy for Inpatient Visits
- Visits to hospitalized patients will be limited. The only patients who can receive visits are those specifically being cared for by our critical care service AND hospitalized in the ICU and whose owners do not have any respiratory symptoms.
- No personal items can be kept with the pet while hospitalized, including blankets, toys, collars, leashes, etc.
- Please clean your carrier, leash, and collar as carefully as possible before arrival with an alcohol-based solution.
- Please use the sanitizing agents at the front desk upon arrival.
- Please respect the ‘social distancing’ recommendations and maintain a distance of 6 feet from others, and refrain from shaking hands.
Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate to call us with any questions. Our goal is for you to feel safe as we care for your pet. We will continue to keep you informed as news and information becomes available.
Dr. Nanci Wood-Huels, DVM